Senggigi is Lombok‘s oldest and most famous resort area.
A perfect place to relax, Senggigi boasts a series of white sandy beaches and safe swimming areas. The point at central Senggigi has good waves for surfers. This place has a colourful reef which provides shelter to a variety of marine life and exquisitely shapped coral and makes it a perfect place to snorkle.
In the dry season, there is an interesting variety of boats moored in the bay. The town of Senggigi spreads out along nearly 10 kilometers of coastal road. This road continues north to Bangsal, the port for the Gili Islands.
Senggigi beach in Lombok (Source : lombokinfoterbaru.com)
There are various foreign and local restaurants that offering international and local foods, cafes and entertainment venues. These all are available along the main Senggigi road and on certain areas along the beach.
For inexpensive eating, try the food stalls along the beach, especially at the end of the road past the Senggigi Beach Hotel. For dining alternative you can try :
Warung Menega, grilled seafood, Jalan Raya Senggigi 6,West Lombok.
There are many souvenir shops along the main Senggigi road that offering you many kind of Lombok souvenir, starting from clothes, paintings, handicrafts, wooden crafts, etc.
There a lot of diverse range of hotel accommodations that you can choose to stay in Senggigi, from deluxe four-star resort properties to simple home-stays, Such as Holiday Inn, the Oberoi, Sheraton Senggigi, Melati Dua Cottage, Pool Villa Club, Panorama Cottage, and many more.
Swimming off the beach is safe. You can also do some canoeing here in Senggigi. Visit Pura Batu Bolong on a rocky point south of Senggigi. There’s good snorkeling off the point and in the sheltered bay around the headland.
Pura Batu Bolong, Senggigi (Source : mataramweb.com)
Simply walk around Senggigi Beach to develop that sand leg you can depend on. Or, you can ride cidomos. Just try asking for it.
There are few alternatives to get Senggigi Beach:
- Coming from Lembar harbour, you can go straight to Senggigi by Perama Shuttle bus, or any other Shuttle service available. Lombok taxi available on call for 24 hours of service.
- If you are coming by plane, there is a taxi service at the airport that will take you to your hotel destination for Rp 35,000 (US$4.00).
- Public transportation or ” Bemos ” are available from 06.00 AM – 06.30 PM for about Rp 1,500 (Ampenan-Senggigi, or Senggigi-Ampenan) one way.
- Ojek (mopeds) service are available at night.
- Risking to sound like your mother, we need to remind you to equip yourself with sun protection. Also bring a bathing suit and extra clothing.
- Several places rent mask-snorkel-fin sets, such as the beach near the Art Market or the Senggigi Beach Hotel.
- Senggigi nightlife is low key when there are few tourists in town. It’s busier on Friday and Saturday, when young locals come up from the Mataram area.
"Photos are copyrighted by their owners."